Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trees

We had a magnificent maple tree just off out deck. That is why every picture I took on the deck where I do my rust dyeing is shady. It was a silver maple, which is not a hard wood tree. They usually last 100 years. Our house was built in 1919 so the tree was close to being 100. The insurance company requested we take it out. It was very sad to loose this tree.
Many animals including flying squirrels used this tree. Once 5 raccoon babies were in the tree and their mother was on the ground. I swear I heard them saying as plain as day, "Ma, ma, ma"!!!


We had a bird feeder on the tree. You can see it on the top picture. You can also see it in the picture above. Now we have a face!!!

1 comment:

Pat Vivod said...

Sorry you lost your shade. We had a huge sassafras just off our patio which had to be taken down after part of it fell, thankfully missing the house. It was so beautiful, especially colorful in the autumn.