Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Yes, That IS Ice


Although I took this picture last week, the weather is milder this week. I think it is close to the time to pack up the old rusty stuff out on my deck and call an end to the rust dyeing season.
I find myself so inspired in the spring to start rust dyeing. As the days grow longer and the weather milder I start saving milk jugs to carry water from the side of the house to the deck. I study the weather reports for rain or warm weather and I plan my work accordingly. During the summer I usually spend 2 hours a day in the Rust-Tex studio. This past 4th of July I was out there ALL day.
Presently I am searching the weather reports for a warm dry day so I can pack it all up until the mild days of spring arrive here again.

3 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

No ice here yet. I was able to paint a few pieces of fabric on Saturday before the sun set and it got cold. We will count the days until spring together.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Hi Lois, a blog visitor pointed me to your blog, which I hadn't read before. I've just started rust dyeing so am a baby in this respect, though I've been dyeing fabric with Procion for years. I use quite a different technique so was interested to see yours.

http://shirleygoodwin.blogspot.com

Lois Jarvis said...

You should check out my website:

rust-tex.com

there is a lot more on rust dyeing there.