Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quilts for AAQI

Cat in the Vine Garden # 4418
Here are the three quilts I made for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. These donation quilts are usually sold in a auction that last 10 days. Mine are going to International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX to be sold at a set price.
Wild Cat in the Garden #4420
The above quilt is pieced with Rust-Tex fabric in the tiny .5" squares. Seven other quilts using Rust-Tex fabric will also be sold in Houston. They are from last year's Stay at Home Challenge, to give quilters who can not go to Houston something to do. I donated pieces of Rust-Tex fabric to any one who would make a quilt for AAQI. I also made a donation for everyone finished by a certain date, and that number turned out to be 22!
Two Roses #4419
I will be working the booth for a couple of hours so come on by if you are in Houston. If you are not in Houston you can follow which quilts sold AAQI on Twitter .




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lois, those are all gorgeous!! I'm sure they will bring in lots of money for AAQI . . . thank you so much for donating these!!! WOW!!

Lois Jarvis said...

Thanks Beth! It was my intention to help raise a lot of money for AAQI! My mom has a from of dementia and my MIL doesn't want anyone to know she has Alzheimer's.

Mary in H. Va said...

Those are so fantastic!!!! i am in awe!!!!! you're work is outstanding!

Lois Jarvis said...

Thanks Kathy and Mary!