Saturday, June 05, 2010

Winners of the Rust-Tex Collection

Frieda Anderson, made her first quilt when she was in high school. She has been designing and making original quilts ever since. She finds each step of quilt making, from the beginning to the end, a real challenge. Most of her quilts are fused or have fusing in them.
Frieda says, "Every day I walk in the woods with my dog. In the late spring it is an adventure while walking to search for Jack in the Pulpits. I love the primordial look of their leaves and the way they hide in the undergrowth. I often bring my sketchbook and sketch them."Jack in the Pulpit
Background fabric over dyed Rust-Tex fabric with procion dyes, artist hand dyed cotton, silks and thread, raw edged fused, free-motion machine quilted.
"My dog's name is George. He is a Jack Russell Terrier, or terror, take your pick. He and I go to the woods everyday that I am home and walk. It is because of him that I am able to find so many subjects for my work. I love the fact that we walk in the woods, and I love the flora and fauna of our little woods and, of course, I love George.", Frieda said.
Frieda’s Website: http://www.friestyle.com

No comments: