Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lois Jarvis Reports In

During my 32 years of quiltmaking, including the past 12 as Queen of the UFO Club here in Madison, WI, I have learned that the only way a quilt gets finished is if you work on it. So I have been working on those last 4 of the 7 quilts I have to finish by June 30, and have not been posting my adventures in Rust-Tex-ing.
The Rust-Tex Report
Sadly I ran out of sumac juice and had to wait for the rain to stop before I could gather some. Then I had to wait for a dry evening so my Dear Husband could set up the outside gas ring so I could boil the essence out of it. Now that I have some new potion sumac juice, I am excited about putting scarves into the iron-pot dye bath, knowing I will get a good black .
I also washed another 12 scarves and the rest of the PFD fabric in preparation for dyeing. But have been quilting not dyeing this week. (sigh)

No comments: