Friday, April 21, 2006

Enjoying Nature


I am wondering who enjoys the rust dyeing studio more, the squirrels or me? They like to drink the salt water. I hope they are not getting too much iron or salt in their diets. I don't mind as long as they don't take any bites of fabric. Last year there was a tiny hole in one of the silk scarves. I am pretty sure it was a squirrel bite. It was a total loss because I can't sell damaged goods.
There are some big bumble bees hovering around the dye studio flying into holes and trying them out as possible homes. I don't think they eat silk, cotton, or linen. So as long as they don't take a bite out of me, I am willing to share the space with them.
This is the best time of year for me to enjoy the birds in my yard. I can easily spot them as the trees have not leafed out yet. I saw two different kinds of woodpeckers last week.
Only one of the scarves I left out over night was good enough to keep. I tried new strategies on them today. I am sure they will be much darker and have more interesting patterning. After a few minutes I could see I was getting good effects. I REALLY had to resist washing them out after dinner. Some times I just have to sit on my hands to keep them off the Rust-Tex!!!

No comments: