Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Fan Letter

Crystal in FL sent me this email and I just wanted to share it with every one because you will be asking the same questions and having the same thoughts if you decide to take up rust dyeing.

Hi Lois,
I wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed the CD you sent. Do you happen to have any handy excuses for when hubby starts asking why I'm poking around in his shop in the nail cans and the surplus metal stuff?
I'm definitely looking at everything differently now . . . just like when I started using resists with Procion. He lost a bunch of goodies then too; mostly his big orange handled clamps, not mention some of the odd pieces of 1/4" plexiglas.
I did talk a friend of ours out of 5 pieces of rebar scraps when he was building his metal bldg to house their 5th wheel trailer. Now I'm trying to decide if I really NEED all 3 of my cast iron cooking pots. Fortunately here in Fla, it doesn't take much to encourage rust. Now all I need is time.
Thanks so much for taking the time to put this CD together. It's great!

Crystal

You can order your copy of the Rust-Tex CD at:
I am not doing much rust dyeing here in WI as it has been raining, raining, raining and I can't work in the outside studio to set any thing up.

No comments: