Friday, August 25, 2006

My Latest Product

I have a new product. I call it the Rust-Tex Starter Kit. It has everything you need to make what I call "Trees Fabric". I won't be selling it over the internet at Rust-Tex.com as I think the shipping costs will make it unattractive. BUT now I can go anywhere and teach rust dyeing. Instead of having students buy a book they can buy the starter kit instead!!!
I sold several starter kits in Duluth but whenever I saw someone with one in their hand I usually talked them into the instructional CD instead. Although the starter kit includes paper instructions for that one technique the CD has so much more information on it. Including instructions for four techniques!!!
Anyway here is what the kit looks like.
It includes:
  • A set of printed directions for this technique
  • Non metallic cylinder, use the plastic sleeve your starter kit is packed in
  • ½ yard high thread count cotton fabric PFD (Prepared For Dying)
  • 200” of 24 gauge uncoated copper wire
  • 2 coarse steel wool pads
  • 1 packet salt
  • 6 rubber bands
  • 1.25 oz Synthrapol detergent
  • 1 pair medium size protective gloves

No comments: